Wednesday, July 4, 2012

The Concept

This all started when my husband announced that he wanted to abstain from eating meat for a month. His purpose: spiritual reasons (hence the zen cow to the left!). He loves animals, I mean LOVES animals and after watching enough cute animal videos on youtube, his conscience won over his stomach and he decided to gives vegetarianism a try.

My perspective on all this? Support it! Coming from my Venezuelan, Latino husband, this is a big deal. Granted he's also a Martial Arts Sensei who teaches spiritual growth and development on a weekly basis, so this is considerably less of a grand leap. However, from my point of view as a liberal living in Santa Cruz, I'm all for this adventure.

SO, I happily began looking for recipes the day before our excursion, only to discover that unless it was soup or salad, almost every recipe was heavy on the cheese, bread, and pasta. I’m all for giving this a try, but I don’t want us to gain 10 lbs by the end of it. I firmly believe that there must be other alternatives! So go ahead and help prove me right by sending in your favorite healthy vegetarian dish and I will compile them here for others to benefit from as well!

1 comment:

  1. "after watching enough cute animal videos on youtube, his conscience won over his stomach "

    That kind of made my day.

    ReplyDelete